Unblocking Toilet Blockage
If there is one essential facility in your house you need to use on a daily basis it is the toilet. This is why it is so inconvenient once the toilet has issues. One of the most common toilet problem is blockage.
Causes of Toilet Blockage
Toilet blockages can be caused by excessive use of toilet paper and flushing non-flushable materials such as feminine products, paper towels, cotton balls, jewelleries, etc. Hard water can also cause clogging in the toilet. It calcifies and form a mineral that restricts the flow of water. It is difficult to remove and often requires specialised unblocking solution to get rid of.
Preventing Toilet Blockage
There are several ways to prevent toilet blockages. One such way is to limit the use of toilet paper. You should also avoid flushing objects that do not dissolve in water. You should also check if you have hard or soft water. In case you are being supplied with hard water, you can ask a plumbing specialist for recommendations effecting hard water treatment filters.
Dealing with Clogged Toilet
A blocked toilet or clogged toilet drain can be a very problematic. It is inconvenient, its’ hard to deal with and oftentimes, quite unpleasant. In case you already have a clogged toilet, here are some tips that will help.
- Do not try to flush it. This could cause it to overflow and flood the bathroom. Instead, the first action you should take is to shut off the water that goes into your toilet. It may seem over the top, but it will help prevent water damage.
- Locate the source of your blockage. Put on a pair of rubber gloves and a facemask. Try to identify the reason for the blockage. If the issue is visible then try to remove it. If you can’t see the issue, please proceed to the 3rd
- Dishwasher and hot water. Drop a small amount of dishwashing liquid into the toilet or drain. After which, pour half a bucket of water. Leave it for about 5 minutes. If it drains, then try to flush the toilet. If it doesn’t then proceed to the next step.
- Use a plunger. If you don’t have one, purchase a heavy-duty toilet plunger. Place the plunger firmly over the hole at the bottom of the toilet bowl. Make sure it is submerged in water. Slowly and firmly press the plunger. Do this several times. You’ll notice that there will be a drop in the amount of water inside your toilet bowl. Once it’s almost gone, try flushing the toilet. If it flushes normally, then your work is done. However, if it doesn’t or if it slowly drains, then plunge the toilet again. If you’ve plunge the toilet a couple of times, but hasn’t gotten any good result, then you can proceed to the next step.
- Use wire coat hanger. If you have a coat hanger made of wire, unravel and shape it into a hook. Note that this is only effective if the blockage is located within 5 to 10 cm of the toilet drain.
- Plumbing snake or auger. This is a good tool to get rid of blockages that are stuck deep within the toilet drain. They are flexible and can wiggle their way through the twist and turns in the drains. This flexibility makes the plumbing snake and auger very efficient in locating and removing blockages.
- Use enzyme-based chemicals. While most people are not keen to using chemicals, these enzyme-based solutions are actually quite efficient in removing blockages. They break down organic matters in the pipe lines, thus unblocking toilet blockages. Usually they take a bit of time to take effect, but still very effective. After using a recommended amount, leave the drain for several minutes.
- Use alternative solutions – Baking soda, vinegar and hot water. A combination of these ingredients is also a good way to break down organic matters inside the drain.
If your toilet drain has been neglected for many years, then unblocking toilet blockage by yourself is not recommended. Your toilet may look tough; however, it is not completely damage resistant. At best, if you have a plunger, you can use it to unclog your toilet. Make sure you have a good seal as you don’t want splashes of water from your toilet coming at you. If you are unable to unclog your toilet using a plunger, then it is time to call in a specialist when unblocking toilet blockage.
Unblocking Toilet Blockage Experts
Blocked Drain Plumbers is the leading experts in unblocking toilet blockage. For over 15 years, we have maintained our positions as the most preferred plumber in Melbourne and its surrounding areas, because we only offer plumbing services and techniques that adhere with Australian Standards.
Because we are a 24 hour emergency plumber, we can help you unblock a toilet anytime of the day or week including weekends. To be the most reliable plumber, we always have a staff and plumber on standby waiting for plumbing emergency calls.
Our licensed plumbing technicians are not only properly trained, but are also highly skilled. With so many years of technical experience, we can bet you that there’s no plumbing issue that they haven’t fixed before.
Blocked Drain Plumbers are aware that to successfully unblock clogged toilets, you also need to have reliable tools and equipment. As such, we make sure that all our plumbers are equipped with the best and latest plumbing tools and equipment.
As such, we are able to detect issues faster and more accurately. Thus, allowing us to formulate the best ways to get rid of blockages and leave your drains and toilets as good as new.
Common toilet problems that people, who want help unclogging a toilet call us for, include:
- Toilet bowl filling up with water
- Unceasing flush
- Toys, jewelries or other objects stuck in the toilet
- Clogged sewer issues
Remember to refrain from flushing a blocked toilet in an attempt to get rid of the blockage in your toilet. One may think that this is an effective way of unblocked toilet blockage. But the truth is, it could worsen the situation. Doing this could end up causing an overflow, thereby flooding the bathroom.
Aside from solve all your toilet blockage issues, our plumbing technicians are also specialists in installing new toilets. Blocked Drain Plumbers provides services for blocked drains and blocked toilets in Melbourne area. Our licensed plumbers are specialists when it comes to unblocking drains, pipes and toilets. You can also depend on us to fix your blocked toilet during emergencies and after hours. This is the reason why we are the leading specialist in drain cleaning in Melbourne.
So if your toilet is blocked or if you are in need of an emergency plumber, call us on 0412 738 874 for a free quote to fix a clogged toilet drain or any other plumbing issue!
Please share this page with your friends! 🙂